Heidelberg University
Home >

The Center

 

The Heidelberg Latin America Centre for postgraduate study and further training in Santiago de Chile was founded in 2001 and officially opened on 9th April 2002. It has the task of organising, managing and marketing the courses of study maintained either independently by Heidelberg University or in co-operation with the Pontificia Catholic University of Chile and the University of Chile. Heidelberg University has arranged co-operation agreements with both of these universities, the two most important universities in Chile. The centre also has responsibility for programmes of further training. This initiative enables Heidelberg University to pursue its aims of passing on the accumulated knowledge of German research and teaching and to promote scientific co-operation between Germany and Latin America. The centre co-ordinates the activities of Heidelberg University in Latin America and provides a platform for scientific co-operation.


The centre is financially supported in these early years by the Ministry for Science, Research and Art in Baden-Württemberg, Heidelberg University and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The Heidelberg Latin America Centre is run as a society subject to Chilean civil law. Its partners are Heidelberg University, with its corporate funds, and the Unterländer study fund, a public law foundation.

El Center

The Heidelberg Centre is situated in the beautiful, centrally-located Providencia part of town in the Avenida Los Leones 1035. The building has been attractively renovated and suitably furnished. Students are provided with well-equipped seminar rooms, a small library and cafeteria in a pleasant atmosphere.

Students of the Heidelberg Centre and its partner universities can take part in the basic, intermediate and top level German language courses. In the way of culture concerts of German and Chilean chamber ensembles are organised.

 



   

 

to top of page
Please send requests concerning this page to: Philippe Bayer
September, 24th 2012